Stark & Stark's Workers' Compensation Group concentrates on representing injured workers who have suffered a work-related injury or disease. These injuries include traumatic accidents, occupational diseases, and injuries caused by toxic substances or repetitive motions. Our Workers' Compensation Group comprises six attorneys and a support staff of ten paralegals and secretaries, who have the substantive knowledge and the experience to protect your rights under the Workers' Compensation Laws of the State of New Jersey.
The Workers' Compensation Group has over fifty years' experience in protecting the rights of injured workers in areas including:
- Obtained a court order to force an insurance company to renovate the home of a catastrophically injured worker.
- Arranged treating physicians for a client who moved out of state.
- Arranged lifetime follow-up testing for a worker exposed to asbestos.
Temporary Disability Benefits
- Obtained temporary disability benefits for an injured worker denied light duty even though prescribed by a physician.
- Obtained disability benefits for both part-time and full-time employment for a worker injured on a part-time job.
- Obtained temporary disability benefits for schoolteacher during the summer months.
Permanent Disability Benefits
- Obtained an award of permanent total disability benefits to a victim of sexual harassment.
- Obtained an award of permanent disability benefits due to a heart attack caused by stress at work.
- Obtained an award of permanent total disability benefits for injuries to hands from repetitive stress.
- Obtained an award of benefits for clinical depression.
- Obtained an award of benefits for injuries caused by stress to the hands.
Union Members We Have Served
Clients turn to Stark & Stark when they need a lawyer most. Since 1933, we have earned the trust of our clients over and over again by consistently providing them with sound legal advice and working tirelessly to protect their rights. Our philosophy of putting the law to work for our clients will continue to be the cornerstone on which we build and maintain our client relationships.