Often times when birth injuries occur, people feel there is no explanation as to what has happened, and simply assume there is no valid cause. However, in many cases, birth injuries are the result of one or more medical mistakes made during the pregnancy, labor or delivery. This can lead to serious life altering disorders, such as Cerebral and Erb's Palsy. These disorders can result from:
- failure to perform a timely C-Section
- failure to recognize that the baby is in distress
- depriving the baby of oxygen during delivery
- using excessive force during delivery
- failure to correctly estimate the weight or size of a child before delivery
Children who suffer from birth injuries, such as Cerebral and Erb's Palsy, often times require extensive therapy and medical attention throughout the course of their lives. These medical bills can become overwhelming and could potentially warrant a lawsuit, which can be an effective punishment against negligent or inattentive medical treatment.
If you feel you, or someone you know, can benefit from a birth injury claim, or would simply like more information, please contact us.