Carin A. O'DonnellShareholder
Carin A. O’Donnell is a Shareholder and member of Stark & Stark’s Accident & Personal Injury Group where she concentrates her practice in representing children and adults seriously injured or killed due to catastrophic personal injuries, construction accidents, workplace accidents, motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and dog attacks. She is a trial attorney who has successfully litigated personal injury matters resulting in verdicts in excess of a million dollars. Her extensive trial experience has helped her win cases for plaintiffs in counties that typically favor defense verdicts. As a result, her cases have been featured in local papers and legal publications reviewed by peers. In addition, she regularly speaks to organizations regarding their legal rights.
Ms. O’Donnell lectures colleagues on topics regarding motor vehicle law, civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and the Pennsylvania Association of Justice. She has also worked as an instructor in Civil Practice and Procedure at Manor Junior College in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, where she educated students in the area of civil law and procedure, and organized and presented mock trials for her students.
Ms. O’Donnell has been appointed to the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania to serve as a Hearing Committee Member in the District II Disciplinary District.
She is a member of EndDistractedDriving.org in conjunction with the American Association for Justice, frequently lecturing to students and organizations about putting an end to distracted driving amongst high school students. She is also a frequent contributor to the Pennsylvania Law Monitor.
J.D., Widener University School of Law, 1999
B.B.A., The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania, 1996
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticePennsylvania
United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
United States District Court, District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Hearing Committee Member
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
American Association for Justice
Bucks County Inn of Courts
Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession
- 2015 “Super Lawyer”. Philadelphia Magazine.
- 1.9 Million Netted in Fatal Worker Accident. New Jersey Law Journal. October 2014.
- Notable Case Outcomes from Coast to Coast. Trial Magazine. January 2014. (Featured for 1.4 million dollar verdict in Dram Shop Action).
- Top PA Verdicts of 2013. The Legal Intelligencer. (For achieving a $1.4 million verdict in Bucks County).
- Set Up for Success. Manor Junior College Alumni Magazine.
- Reptile Autopsy: Reptile Superstar Carin O’Donnell. Keenan Trial Blog. October 2013.
- 1.4 Million Dollar Verdict for Dram Shop Action. Bucks County Courier Times. March 2013.
- Superior Court Decision in Construction Case Litigated by Ms. O’Donnell. Pennsylvania Law Weekly. 2012.
- Hefty Award in Nockamixon Slip & Fall Trial. The Intelligencer. June 2012.
- $1.5 Million Verdict Upheld in Construction Accident. Bucks County Courier Times. April 2012.
- $1.5 Million Verdict - Contractor Failed to Maintain Hole. Verdict Search Magazine. February 2010.
- Pennsylvania Jury Verdict Review & Analysis for 1.5 Million Dollar Verdict. January 2010.
- Ironworker Fell Down Two Flights While Installing Skylight. Verdict Search Magazine. February 2009.
- Panelist. Success Stories. Manor Junior College. April 2015.
- Depositions. The Keenan College. Atlanta Georgia. April 2015.
- Course Presenter. Reptile Superstar Seminar. Atlanta Georgia. March 2014.
- Distracted Driving Presentation. Bensalem High School, Bensalem, PA. January 2013.
- Distracted Driving Presentation. Palisades High School, Kintnersville, PA. May 2012.
- Distracted Driving Presentation. Neshaminy High School, Langhorne, PA. April 2012.
- Killer Depositions. Pennsylvania Bar Institute. April 2011.
- Coordinating the Motor Vehicle and Workers’ Compensation Settlements. PA Bar Institute. February 2011.
- Litigating Construction Cases in Bucks County. PA Bar Institute. January 2010.
- Practical Pretrial Procedures. PA Bar Institute Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. October 2008.