Bruce H. SternShareholder
Bruce H. Stern is a Shareholder and member of the Accident & Personal Injury Group, where he concentrates his practice in the area of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries and wrongful death. In July 2004, Bruce began publishing the Traumatic Brain Injury Law Blog as a way to share his knowledge in the field of brain injury law. Additionally, he is the author of numerous articles and a frequent lecturer on the subject of traumatic brain injury litigation, evidence and trial techniques. He also co-authored a book entitled "Litigating Brain Injuries" published by Thomson Reuters and a chapter entitled "Brain Injuries" which is included in AAJ's Litigation Tort Case Series, published by AAJ Press.
Bruce was recently elected and sworn in as Treasurer of the American Association for Justice (AAJ). He has been a member of the AAJ since 2004, and serves on several of their committees, including the AAJ Executive Committee, National Board of Governors and Public Affairs Committee.
Bruce is certified as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney by both the New Jersey Supreme Court and the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also a fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and has been selected a fellow in the International Society of Barristers. Both organizations are highly selective and have rigorous standards for membership.
Bruce has been honored by his inclusion in Woodward/White's The Best Lawyers in America from 2003-2015 and the 2005- 2015 editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers by New Jersey Monthly Magazine*. He is also listed in the sixth, seventh, and thirteenth editions of Who's Who in the Law. He has been selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury by ALM and Martindale-Hubbell.
J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 1981
B.A., Duke University, 1977
Bar AdmissionsNew Jersey
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
American Association for Justice
Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group; Past Chair
Motor Vehicle, Premises and Highways Section; Past Chair
New Jersey Association for Justice
Chair of In Brief
International Brain Injury Association
North America Brain Injury Society
Brain Injury Association of New Jersey
Past Member, Board of Trustees
New Jersey State Bar Association
Executive Board of the Civil Trial Section, Past Chair
Mercer County Bar Association
New Jersey Supreme Court's Civil Model Jury Charge Committee
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
International Academy of Trial Lawyers
International Society of Barristers
National Trial Lawyers
- Proving Damages in Traumatic Brain “Injury Cases.” American Association for Justice. December 11, 2015.
- Neuropsychology and Traumatic Brain Injury. American Association for Justice. October 2015.
- Speaker, Identifying, Preparing & Handling the Traumatic Brain Injury Case. Kentucky Justice Association’s Understanding Your Case & Your Jury Seminar. June 26, 2015.
- Co-Chair. Accident & Personal Injury Program. New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar. May 2014.
- Railroads: Accountability Equals Safety. NJ.com. December 17, 2015.
- Co-author, The Dangers of Working in the Construction Industry. NJ.com. August 31, 2015.
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging. Objective Truth of Traumatic Brain Injury. New Jersey Lawyer NJSBA.com. August 2014 Edition.
- Guest Editors’ Message. Brain Injury Professional Magazine. Vol. 11 Issue 3.
New Jersey Supreme Court Board Certified Trial Attorney
Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.